😂🥛Hilarious expressions with milk in Spanish!
Mar 10, 2022
Looking to sound like a true Spaniard? Then learning some colloquial expressions will definitely help you get there.
And today I’m bringing you some of the funniest ones… to do with milk!!
Yes, I know it’s a bit odd, but us Spaniards seem to be obsessed with milk and the word “leche” means much more than just milk in Spain. In fact, there's a whole range of milk-related phrases that are commonly used every day with very different meanings!
Let’s look at 4 of the most used ones:
Ser la leche
"To be the milk! (Both to express positive and negative feelings)
- Ana es la leche, acaba de montar su propia empresa (Ana is amazing, she’s just launched her own business)
- Mi hermano es la leche, ha llegado tardísimo y ha perdido el avión (My brother is a pain, he arrived really late and missed the plane)
Tener mala leche
“To have bad milk”- To be bad tempered
- Madre mía, ¡qué mala leche tiene Lucía! - (Goodness, Lucía is so bad-tempered!)
A toda leche
“At full milk” - Very quickly
- Mario tenía prisa y se fue a toda leche - (Mario was in a rush and left very quickly)
And last, but not least and certainly one of the most graphic and surprising ones…
Cagarse en la leche
Literally “to sh*t in the milk!!! This phrase is used VERY frequently to express anger,frustration or disappointment, the same way that English speakers would say “sh*t”!
- ¡Me cago en la leche! El electricista no ha hecho bien la instalación - (Sh*t! The electrician hasn’t done the installation properly.)
👉What's your favourite? Mine is definitely the last one 😂😂😂
Try to spot them when someone uses any of these and have some fun with them!
1. Helpful phrases while on the phone
2. For everyday situations
3. Expressions when you have a cold
4. Expressions with "vuelta"
5. Expressions for hot weather
6. 13 expressions with tener
7. Cool Spanish expressions
Want to get inspired on how to take action with your Spanish?
Subscribe and join our community!