Effective date: 1st October 2020
This privacy notice describes how Your Spanish Dreams (“We”) collect and use personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other relevant legislation.
To give you the best possible experience we need to gather data. We want to be transparent about why we need the personal details we request when you engage with us and how we will use them.
We will protect the privacy and security of your personal information and will always take all reasonable steps within our power to keep your information safe.
Please read this policy carefully, along with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to within this notice to understand how we collect, why we use, and how we store your personal information.
Data protection principles
We comply with the principles of data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) the data controller is Your Spanish Dreams of 1 Egerton House, Chester Road, Kelsall, Cheshire, CW6 0RR.
What personal data we may collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). There are "special categories" of more sensitive personal data which require a higher level of protection.
We collect information every time you interact with us. The information we may collect from these interactions may include, but is not limited to:
- Information you give to us
- By filling in forms on our site (www.yourspanishdreams.com)
- By opting in our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn)
- By corresponding with us by phone, email, in person or otherwise
- By subscribing to our service
- By purchasing on our site
- By responding to one of our mailings
- The information we collect may include: Your name, address, email address, telephone number, payment information, login information (customers)
Use of Information
As a general policy, no personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, or e-mail address, is automatically collected from your visit to the Site. However, certain non-personal information is recorded by the standard operation of the Company’s internet servers. Information such as the type of browser being used, its operating system, and your IP address is gathered in order to enhance your online experience.
The Site’s various mailing lists, downloads, special offers, contests, registration forms, and surveys may request that you give us contact information such as your name, mailing and/or e-mail address, demographic information such as your age and gender, and personal preference information such as your preferred software and interests. Information submitted at the time of submission will be used by the Company only as necessary for our legitimate business interests, including without limitation the improvement of our products, services and the contents of the Site.
Legal basis we rely on to collect information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), there are different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
- To fulfil a service: We use your information to execute contracts or services that you have entered into. This includes communications relating to your purchase or payments, for example.
- When you consent: We may use your personal information and order history to tell you about relevant products, events, competitions and news. For example, when you sign up to a newsletter or tell us you want to hear from us by completing your preferences. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages by contacting us at any time. If you change your mind you can update your choices at any time by logging into your account or contacting us.
- If we have legitimate interest: The GDPR defines legitimate interest as a reasonable business or commercial interest for processing your personal information. For example, sending a direct mail when a product or service you previously showed interest may be on offer or to improve the service we provide.
Who we share your information with
Sometimes we may share your data with trusted third parties for the legal bases defined above (service, consent and legitimate interest).
An additional basis of ‘legal compliance’ applies here. We have a duty to pass on information to law enforcement agencies, if we become aware of people involved in fraud, non-payment or other criminal activity.
According to the uses for your personal information, we may disclose your personal information to recipients who help us promote or who support our services or our users’ services (“service providers”).
All service providers enter into a contract with Your Spanish Dreams protecting personal information and restricting the use of any personal information pursuant to this policy.
In order to provide services strictly necessary for developing this activity, Your Spanish Dreams shares data with the following providers under their corresponding privacy conditions:
Who we share your data with:
- Kajabi: An integrated platform which manages our site, courses, email marketing campaigns, webinar and general hosting. An American company with headquarters in 2860 Michelle, #110, Irvine, CA 92606, United States of America.
- Google Analytics: a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc., a Delaware company with headquarters in 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View (California), 94043, USA (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files stored on your computer, to help yourspanishdreams.com analyse how users use the site. The information generated by cookies about your use of yourspanishdreams.com (including your IP address) will be directly sent to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
- Payment management: In order to process our payments we use Stripe.com
We only provide third parties with the information they need to perform the exact services we specify in our contract with them and we never sell your data to third parties. We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times. If at any time we stop using third party services, any information held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
Children Age 16 and Under
Your Spanish Dreams recognises the special obligation to protect personally identifiable information obtained from children age 16 and under. As such, if you are under 16 and have accessed this website without notifying your parents you must not register as a user.
- Users under 16 are required to obtain consent from parents or guardians for their personal data to be processed.
- On this website we respect and care for our users’ personal data. As a user, you should know that your rights are guaranteed.
How we use your information
We want to help you Learn Spanish and Achieve Your Spanish Dreams. By understanding our customers, trends and behaviours, we can provide better and more relevant service.
If you wish to change how we use your data, you’ll find details in the ‘What are my rights?’ section below. Remember, if you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for.
How long will we keep your data?
Personal data provided will be kept:
- While the business relationship is active.
- Until deletion is requested by the person concerned
Where we keep your information
From time to time, our website may contain links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Acceptance and Consent
What are my rights?
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you wish to make a request.
Changes to this policy
This policy was last updated on 26th September 2020.
Got a question?
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact us:
- Email: [email protected]
- Write to Your Spanish dreams, 1 Egerton House, Chester Road, Kelsall, Cheshire, CW6 0RR